Friday 11 January 2008

Creamy Sweet Salty and Spicy Chicken Salad (could be warmed)

Organic Beet (raw or cooked) - 1 medium sized root per person, I used raw finely chopped.
Organic Chicken (cooked) - one handful per person, I used leftover cold chicken.
Organic Squash (cooked) - 1/4-1/3 per person, I used leftover so it was cold but previously baked.
Regular Avocado (raw)- 1/2 per person, finely sliced after scooping out entire half
Regular Olive tapenade from Quebec (no tomatoes only olives and oil) - about 1 tbsp per person (at centre for garnish)
Apple Cider Vinegar, Cayenne, Hemp Oil, Sea Salt and Dulse to taste.

The dish could be warmed or slightly grilled. I've been enjoying the crunchy taste of raw beets this season so I didn't want to heat this salad. I like to eat all salads at room temperature so taking the ingredients out 1 hour before eating accommodates this.

Did you notice the creamy reference again? I'm only about 2 months completely off of dairy - I quit goat's milk/cheese @ Dec 1/2007 - so it's no wonder I'm seeking out ways to incorporate the creamy goodness of avocados into my diet more often!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

Now THIS I have to try, it sounds absolutely wonderful, tho I would have to omit the beets.

Unknown said...

a small white turnip could be used instead of beets...and a small carrot too :)

Dr. Nicole Sundene said...

Wow that looks delish!

So glad I found your site...not sure how you found mine as it is not fully launched yet. I checked in to the feedburner subscription and it seems to be working so you can try it again and let me know if there is a problem.

If it is ok with you when I am officially up and running I would like to link articles to some of your healthy recipes, and add you to my blogroll. Please let me know. This is exactly the kind of blog that I want to recruit my readers towards as people eliminating specific foods will need assistance in cooking and preparing new recipes. Let me know if you would like to do a co-blog ever on my page as well! Or I would be happy to add an "Ask Orla" feature to the page for people that need help with finding a new recipe for something. You can add a link to your book and page after the end of every recipe contributed. The intention of the page is to allow writers, doctors, nutritionists, etc the opportunity to promote themselves or their books to the general public. The more we all work together the more we can spread the news about alternative medicine and healthy eating.

Nice to meet you :D

Dr. Nicole

Unknown said...

Thanks Dr. Nicole! Your page came up from my google alert for 'gluten free' so you *are* 'live' according to google lol (I'm a total internet geek....20 years on the 'web'...)

Did you enable the Feed Flare on your feedburner account?...you have to do that as well as copy the code...I am still getting the message that your site has not enabled the email subscription feature.

I'd love to contribute and I agree about spreading the word. Your site is exactly what the world needs more of!

Namaste,

O.