Tuesday 22 January 2008

Gluten Free Ginger Drops (Sugar Free and Dairy Free too!)

I adapted this recipe from the recipe I used 30 years ago for the first time.

I mixed all of the following using my food processor. I added the flours slowly at the end.

1/4 cup organic sunflower oil
1/4 cup ground flax
1/4 cup ground sesame seed
1/2 cup pitted dates (about 10)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 free range egg
1/4 cup molasses
2 tsp gluten free aluminum free baking powder
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp organic ground ginger (I did not have fresh on hand...I'd triple this for fresh)
1 tsp organic ground cinnamon

1 cup organic sorghum flour
1 cup organic buckwheat flour

Lemon zest for garnish (optional)

Form balls, garnish with lemon zest and place on lightly greased pans. I used some of my cast iron pans. Bake at 350 F for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.

Posted by Picasa
All of the above items except for the sorghum flour were purchased at Karma Co-op ;) I purchased the sorghum flour at Fiesta Farms.

No comments: